Respiratory specialist physiotherapist, Karen Humphreys (MCSP), provides assessment, treatment and management of a range of respiratory diseases. These include COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - an umbrella term for emphysema, chronic bronchitis or both), bronchiectasis, asthma, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis, hyperventilation syndrome, chest infections and pneumonia. Karen has clinics based at The Witney Physiotherapy Centre . She also recognises that your condition may affect you getting out and about and so she offers home visits, residential home visits and nursing home visits.
Karen's aim is to:
- carry out a thorough assessment in order to provide you with individualised treatment
- educate you on your condition
- teach you techniques to clear phlegm/sputum from your chest
- help you to manage your breathlessness
- teach and correct your inhaler technique
- advise you on exercising with a respiratory disease
- teach you breathing retraining techniques to reduce symptoms of hyperventilation
- provide you with information on how to recognise an exacerbation of your condition and when to seek further medical treatment
- provide assessments and treatments in the most appropriate setting, whether that is in a clinic, in the comfort of your own home or within a care home.